Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another day filled with Adventure!











Today, as it was a free day, I decided to visit some of the local sights. I went to the Raulston Arboritum connected with NC State University. Again, the day was gorgeous, so I walked the 6 miles there and was astounded that leaves really do change their colors. A marathon was in progress, so I was able to walk the main roads unimpeded, calling out, "Way to go!" and "You go girl!" to the actual participants.



The Arboritum was spectacular, with a cactus garden and many flowering plants. I wish my yard looked so good! Many of the annuals were in bloom, as well as roses. The Arboritum encompasses about 6 acres, but as usual, this garden has been touched by happy hands, because they know just how to arrange them for maximum light and color.










After I soaked up so good oldfashion sunshine and smelled the roses (literally!), I walked the 2 miles to the Museum of Art. There I had lunch and walked through some of the most beautiful Renaissance andImpressionistic paintings I had seen. Who knew? in Raleigh? There were some Judiac artifacts, Roman/Greek statues (whoo! naked men), and African masks and jewelry. All in all, it was an impressive museum. By now, my tootsies were screaming, so I asked someone(tall, dark and handsome) if he was going downtown. As luck would have it, he was and I returned to the hotel. I am sending this and then soaking in a hot tub. More tomorrow.
Love,
Kerry














No comments: