Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Waiting


The picture above is me and my new BFF, Lizzie Pickman. We are having a great time!


So, we were due to leave sunny Winnipeg as of 7 this morning, but the winds are 80 knots in our destination, Churchill and we are unable to leave. We are just waiting for the 1 o'clock advisory and we may be in Winnipeg for another evening. No control over the weather..... But there is alcohol! All the people on this trip have been all over the world and I am quite the neophyte, as I have not been to Antarctica or Egypt or China or India. So we listen to stories about all their adventures and our guide named Haylee Shepard is attempting a circumnavigation by kayak around an island called St. George near Antactica in February. ALONE. Now that takes a lot of guts. Well, more later. I hope we end up going, but if not, they say tomorrow is a go. We shall see.
ps we are staying so I guess it is off to the museums and "The Forks" a shopping area near the Red River. Did I say shopping? gooooooood!
Love,
Kerry

No comments: