Monday, November 3, 2008

Winnipeg

Well, I am in the Sheraton at the airport in Winnipeg, and I mean at the airport! Just walk out the door and across the street is the hotel. Nice room with a view of the parking lot and the most gorgeous sunset I have seen in a while. Changed planes in Minn./St. Paul and took an earlier flight so I arrived at 12. There is a one hour time difference, but I can't use my phone as there is no signal. Chilled and am waiting for a meeting with everyone at 9 tonight. Haven't seen my roomie yet, but she is evidently having dinner with her brother, who lives here and will arrive soon. I will try to get back on to blog later this evening, after the meeting so I can know what is going on. I spoke to a few people who are just finishing their trips and are heading home tomorrow. They have seen "too many bears to count" so I am psyched. I hear there is to be a blizzard tomorrow in Churchill, but I am prepared. ( I hope!) More later.

WEll, I met Lizzie. She is a spritly young thing. Lots of energy. We met the rest of the group around 9 and Haylee who told us what we needed to know about logistics and such. Went to bed, but of course, couldn't sleep. Tomorrow, the Sub-Arctic!
Love,
Kerry

1 comment:

mal said...

I can't wait. Your enthusiasm is catchy. Love, Mal