Saturday, November 1, 2008

Raleigh, NC











I knew it was going to be a great day, when I got to the airport and the flight attendants were dressed in Halloween costumes and their were lights on the desk. I arrived in beautiful downtown Raleigh around 1 and was upgraded to a suite on the Penthouse floor with a beautiful view. The weather is spectular and around 70. My costume was waiting for me, compliments of Jamie, Jimmie's sister. I walked around the city for a bit, worked out and dressed for the rehearsal dinner. It was held at the Luna Cafe, an Italian eatery and we had a private room just for the 30 of us. Everyone was dressed to the 9's! The Roaring 20's were definitely back. The room was decorated with boas and pearls as were the guests. Priscilla looked fabulous in a red flapper dress, complete with headband and Jimmie was in a white pinstriped suit with spats. There was more fringe, boa, spats, garters and fishnets then I had ever seen in my life. It was great! There were several speakers, who made everyone laugh and cry, but there was so much love in that room too. I will post the pictures as soon as I can. Can't wait for the wedding tomorrow. 23 skidoo........

1 comment:

mal said...

Hi Kerry,

I'm sorry I didn't get to say bon voyage on Friday. I went to the Dr on Fri morning. He took out the stitches, took x rays and told me all was well and to go home and continue doing nothing.

I guess I'll have to travel vicariously through you for the next couple of weeks. Enjoy!!

Love,

Mal